Don't fight the crowds this November for your perfect pomme de terre. Find fruit and vegetables from local and sustainable farms and recipes from some of Portland's (and the country's) best food writers all in one box! Our Adventure box includes a broad palette of flavors that frees you up to get creative.
Our Adventurous Thanksgiving box has everything you need to feed 8-10 hungry guests all of the best produce of the season, including:
- Gravy/stuffing flavor pack: carrot, celery, onion, leek.
- Wild foraged mushrooms - chanterelles or hedgehogs from the Oregon forest!
- Adventure herb mix: Sage, thyme, rosemary...AND savory and marjoram if available.
- Cranberries and satsuma mandarins for a tart-sweet sauce.
- The best fingerling potatoes we can find. Russian Bananas? Rosegold Fingerling? We'll give you what tastes best from our local farms!
- Brussels sprouts on the stalk: roast it whole for a dramatic presentation! (Green beans available to substitute)
- Parsnips or celeriac. Tell us which you prefer.
- Local heirloom squash: Gill's golden pippin? Black Futsu? Tell us whether you are cooking it for puree/pie or as a side dish and we'll send you home with the right squash. (Japanese sweet potatoes available to substitute)
- Heirloom apples: We'll send you off with enough for a beautful tart or pie. Want to make it pretty? Let us know and we'll toss in a couple pink-fleshed Mountain Rose apples, too!
- A pomegranate, because the seeds make everything pretty!
With this box, you should only need to buy a turkey, spices and a few staples to make a show-stopping, modern and delicious Thanksgiving feast!
The Adventurous Thanksgiving
- All boxes are available for pickup starting at 2 pm on Saturday before Thanksgiving at Providore Fine Foods on NE Sandy Blvd. Provide at least 48 hours between order and availability.
- Thanksgiving boxes must be ordered by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25th at 5:00 p.m. for availability by Wednesday the 27th.
- Rubinette Produce is happy to offer substitutions, but that may require additional cost and time.